Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

Will temples stamp a book and a scroll ?

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

Will temples stamp a book and a scroll ? Empty Will temples stamp a book and a scroll ?

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Originally posted by several members in February 2018.
    -----

Aprime

« Thread started on: Feb 21st, 2018, 3:55pm »
    As I am looking to rent a car to visit all 88 temples plus 20 bangai temples

I am thinking I want to take a stamp book and a scroll or possibly 2 scrolls so once I get scrolls stamps I can hang it or both scrolls on my house

Is that cool as I ain’t taking multiple books to get stamped just 1 book and a scroll or possibly 2 if I can’t decide between 2 scrolls pictures wise

Also if I rent a custom camper van for 15 days is that long enough to do them all ?

=====

Shikoku Henro Trail

« Reply #1 on: Feb 21st, 2018, 6:39pm »
    I have been told that some temples do not like to stamp more than one item per person. It's an attempt to stop people from getting several books stamped and then selling them on ebay. But since there will be two of you, you can tell them one is for you and one is for your father. Then all should be well.

Two weeks is sufficient for going around by car, but you will do nothing but drive, visit temples, and eat each day. There will be little sightseeing.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am