Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

New Bike Rental Program

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

New Bike Rental Program Empty New Bike Rental Program

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:47 am

Originally posted by several members in December 2017.
    -----

Shikoku Henro Trail

« Thread started on: Dec 13th, 2017, 06:45am »
    12/12/17
    Just received word from the publisher of 88 Route Guide that someone named Norman White has established a rental bicycle service in Takamatsu and Tokushima.

He also offers baggage storage services, which a lot of people ask me about.

I don't know any other details, but you can check it out here:
    https://m.facebook.com/cycleshikoku/about/

Dave

« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2017, 06:46am by Shikoku Henro Trail »

=====

slc

« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2017, 05:53am »
    That's crazy. I actually met Norman White when I did the pilgrimage. He was running a Mexican Restaurant called BB Mex in Tokushima. He's a great guy. He helped purchase medicine for a non-Japanese speaking henro that was feeling ill, who ate with me at the restaurant.

I know he has been somewhat successful with a few businesses he's started, so I hope the same goes for this one. It's a great idea. The bike thing is obvious. The luggage thing is also incredibly helpful. I sent my luggage that I did not want to carry on the pilgrimage to a friend who was living in Japan, but with her having left the country now I hope to use this service if I do the pilgrimage again in the future.

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2017, 4:55pm by slc »

=====

henrodon

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2017, 7:31pm »
    Norman's a good friend and perfectly reliable.

=====

Shikoku Henro Trail

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:15pm »
    I just added this information to the website. I put the bike rental info on the Planning/How To Go page, in the section on doing the henro by bike. Obvious.

For the baggage storage services, I put it on the top of the Planning/What To Take page. Not so obvious? Not sure.

Looking for opinions. Where is the best place to mention the baggage storage info? Where I put it? Other place?

Please & thanks.

Dave

« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:15pm by Shikoku Henro Trail »

=====

slc

« Reply #4 on: Dec 25th, 2017, 1:51pm »
    I think the planning/what to take area is the right place. If you're planning on doing anything in addition to the pilgrimage while in Japan, you may want to take more stuff, but not carry it with you. The decision about what not to carry went right along with to decision about what to carry when I did it.

=====

henrodon

« Reply #5 on: Dec 26th, 2017, 5:31pm »
    I don't think there's a problem with putting some information in multiple locations. It just makes it more likely that the information will be found by people who may have that question sooner or later.

=====

tneva82

« Reply #6 on: Dec 27th, 2017, 02:46am »
    on Dec 26th, 2017, 5:31pm, henrodon wrote:
    I don't think there's a problem with putting some information in multiple locations. It just makes it more likely that the information will be found by people who may have that question sooner or later.

In that case maybe worth to have it on separate page with link from multiple locations. Makes it easier if said information updates in future.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 am