Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

Buying Henro Goods

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

Buying Henro Goods  Empty Buying Henro Goods

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Originally posted by several members in March 2018.
    -----

Marksp31415

« Thread started on: Mar 3rd, 2018, 10:19pm »
    Hi all.
    I have noticed that at Ryozenji most people purchase Henro Goods at the temple and the shop out the front. I want to buy some goods near temple -0 but buy the basics at Temple 1.
    Does anyone have opinions onwhi h is the better option at Temple 1?

=====

Shikoku Henro Trail

« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2018, 3:03pm »
    I'm not really sure what you are asking, but you can buy henro supplies at temple 1 and temple 2. There is a shop at temple 1 in the parking lot and there are a couple of shops to the left of the niomon before you enter the compound. There is also another shop inside the Hondo, but that is probably closed because the Hondo is closed while they work inside.

At temple 2, the shop is to the left of the niomon. In fact, the nokyosho is in the same building.

I can't think of any reason to buy the supplies anywhere except the shops at Temple 1. It's just so convenient.

Of course, if you are going to Koyasan before going to Shikoku, there are a dozen shops on the main shopping street where you can also buy your supplies if you want to get them there.

Dave

=====

Marksp31415

« Reply #2 on: Mar 5th, 2018, 02:04am »
    Thanks Dave,
    I guess I was asking two questions.
    You have answered the first about temple 1.
    The other was around recommendations to buy at Sumotoriya and I think you have covered that.
    Regards. Mark

=====

Shikoku Henro Trail

« Reply #3 on: Mar 5th, 2018, 06:13am »
    Ahhh, Sumotoriya. For the record, I think everybody should stop and buy at least one item from Sumotoriya as they pass by on their way to Temple 10. I have grown quite fond of the owners.

Just in case people don't know, they lived in the US for a while so the owner is fluent in English. If you stop in, almost always a cup of tea will be offered, conversation will ensue, and any questions can be answered. Wonderful people. And yes, supplies can be bought there.

Dave

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 pm