Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

4 posters

Weather in June

BrittonyGirton

Weather in June Empty Weather in June

Post by BrittonyGirton Mon May 07, 2018 2:45 am

Hello!

I just joined because I am thinking of doing about 30 days of walking on the pilgrimage during the month of June. Does anyone know what the weather is like in Shikoku at this time? Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks
    SLC

Weather in June Empty Re: Weather in June

Post by SLC Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 pm

It's very hot in June. Most people do the walk in spring or fall for the best weather. You can certainly do it, but it will be quite hot... You are pretty much always either walking on roads or climbing a mountain, both of which can be uncomfortable in the heat.
    BrittonyGirton

Post by BrittonyGirton Tue May 08, 2018 6:36 am

SLC. Thanks. I am a little worried about that. I am coming from Vietnam, I am a teacher here and June is really my only break. We will see.
    henrodon

Post by henrodon Thu May 17, 2018 6:17 pm

It's hot here today -- 28. In Hanoi today it's 36. I don't think YOU need to worry about the weather HERE unless you spend all your time in air conditioned rooms (which I would if I were in Vietnam right now.)
    tneva82

Post by tneva82 Wed May 23, 2018 4:21 am

I'll be doing bit later than you. My plane arrives to Kansai on 8th july and I'll be starting walk on 10th(well about 10km on 9th). As you I'm worried about the heat. Especially as I'm from Finland so not used to high temperatures.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 am