Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

2 posters

Documentary film Looking for people on the pilgrimage.

Matt Hall

Documentary film Looking for people on the pilgrimage. Empty Documentary film Looking for people on the pilgrimage.

Post by Matt Hall Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:42 am

Hi, I'm a Canadian film maker living on Shikoku Island for the next couple of years.  I'm interested in making a documentary film about the pilgrimage walk and am looking for people to be part of it.  I would like the film to be a story about following a few people through their experience on the pilgrimage.  It doesn't matter if you're walking the whole thing or just part of it.  It would require a short interview that will be edited down (don't worry I'll only use the good stuff) and for me to get some footage of you at a few temples and on the walk between temples.  The film will be cinematic and visually beautiful, told more through images than words.  It's not being broadcast on TV or anything as of yet and I am doing it as hobby while living in Japan.  I would like to put it on YouTube as a series, each episode would be about a few of the Temples.  If it was to go really well maybe instead of YouTube I'd see if Netflix or NHK would air it.  If anyone is interested in this please contact me.  This will be an ongoing project throughout 2019 - 2021

I have usually worked in advertising so this project will be a bit different for me.  If anyone would like to see my website and example of my work, https://8lettername.wixsite.com/matthall

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by Matt Hall on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Praorn

Documentary film Looking for people on the pilgrimage. Empty Re: Documentary film Looking for people on the pilgrimage.

Post by Praorn Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:42 am

Hi, I'm a Canadian film maker living on Shikoku Island for the next couple of years. I'm interested in making a documentary film about the pilgrimage walk and am looking for people to be part of it. I would like the film to be a story about following a few people through their experience on the pilgrimage. It doesn't matter if you're walking the whole thing or just part of it. It would require a short interview that will be edited down (don't worry I'll only use the good stuff) and for me to get some footage of you at a few temples and on the walk between temples. The film will be cinematic and visually beautiful, told more through images than words. It's not being broadcast on TV or anything as of yet and I am doing it as hobby while living in Japan. I would like to put it on YouTube as a series, each episode would be about a few of the Temples. If it was to go really well maybe instead of YouTube I'd see if Netflix or NHK would air it. If anyone is interested in this please contact me. This will be an ongoing project throughout 2019 - 2021

I have usually worked in advertising so this project will be a bit different for me. If anyone would like to see my website and example of my work, contact me for a link as I am a new member of this forum and can't post links yet.

Thanks,

Matt

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 pm
    Free forum | Invision | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse

Hi Matt,

I am very new to this forum.  I will be walking in September (around 24th) but I will start at the temple number 7, I did 22 temples last year and this year I want to finish the whole 88 temples.  I am interested in doing interview with you.
    Matt Hall

Documentary film Looking for people on the pilgrimage. Empty Re: Documentary film Looking for people on the pilgrimage.

Post by Matt Hall Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi Praorn,

Thanks for the reply! Sounds good, lets keep in touch. You can email me at 8lettername@gmail.com if you'd like. There's a chance I won't be here at the end of Sept though (still not sure). It's my Grandma's 100th Birthday on Sept 29 and I'm going to fly out to go visit her, I just haven't decided which day I leave.

Cheers,

Matt

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm