Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

B2 Dogakuji

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

B2 Dogakuji

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:40 am

Originally posted by several members in March 2017.
    -----

kotoko

« Thread started on: Mar 25th, 2017, 07:51am »
    Just a tentative FYI (March 25, 2017)

I happened to tune into the local news while flipping channels and it seems that a building at Dogakuji caught fire today. My Japanese is terrible, though, but I saw it was in Ishii Town and managed to match up the kanji, I think. I don't know how much damage there was or which part of the temple, unfortunately (again, language barrier). If someone could provide more details or confirm/deny, that would be great Smile

=====

tneva82

« Reply #1 on: Mar 27th, 2017, 03:35am »
    on Mar 25th, 2017, 07:51am, kotoko wrote:
    Just a tentative FYI (March 25, 2017)

I happened to tune into the local news while flipping channels and it seems that a building at Dogakuji caught fire today. My Japanese is terrible, though, but I saw it was in Ishii Town and managed to match up the kanji, I think. I don't know how much damage there was or which part of the temple, unfortunately (again, language barrier). If someone could provide more details or confirm/deny, that would be great smiley

Hondo was burned down so stamp is now given at taisanji. Nobody was hurt and you can still go there based on ladies at taisanji.

« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2017, 03:36am by tneva82 »

=====

tneva82

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2017, 07:37am »
    Update having gone there today. Hondo still standing but damaged and aproach forbidden. Honzon survived.

And i can heartily recommend this temple. One of most beatiful ones so far.

Current date/time is Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:47 am