Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

My Henro Skirt

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

My Henro Skirt Empty My Henro Skirt

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:13 am

Originally posted my member "Janet" on January 9, 2018.
    -----

« Thread started on: Jan 9th, 2018, 8:45pm »
    I've tried different travel companies "discovery skirts" (Royal Robbins: nope) and "travel skirts" (Ex Officio: nope) and finally found a serious travel/trekking skirt.

If you're a skirt wearer, this is The One: https://www.macabiskirt.com/

I wore mine every day of my Henro (10 weeks for slow slow me!). It shed water, didn't seem to get dirty (I got the khaki one), washed and dried overnight (I washed it every week or so). Super comfortable, I wore wool leggings or a light merino skirt under it on cold days. It's full enough to change clothes under, and makes it easy to take a quick private trailside pee. It has side snaps so you can hike it up when you're ascending or descending very steep slopes.

Best of all, it has GINORMOUS pockets! I kept my phone and wallet in one and the Shikoku 88 Route Guide in the other (yes, the book fit in the pocket!), and my passport and larger bills in the hidden zip pocket.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:07 pm