Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

3 posters

Navigating

LJS

Navigating Empty Navigating

Post by LJS Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Is there a smartphone app with temples routing which operates like a GPS? "Wise Pilgrim" has several for the Santiago de Compostela.
    tneva82

Navigating Empty Re: Navigating

Post by tneva82 Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 am

Not specific app no. There are some specific GPS locations for apps like maps.me but don't know where to get one as I don't use them. I do have my own and guess I could share that one(it has couple spots in Finland and in other Japan but you could delete them). Though frankly the route is so well marked you don't really need app to find to the temples. I find even map itself mostly useful for estimating remaining distance mid-day. Other than that mostly used for figuring out lodgings and where to get food!

But if maps.me app is okay for you I could give you mine. It has IIRC MOST of temples(though some are "close approx" as map didn't have temple itself even unnamed) plus some of the lodgings.

edit: Whoops scratch that. I just switched phone and I didn't remember to take that manually. Not sure is it automatically backed up. Don't think so so if so that map is gone for good. Oops
    tneva82

Post by tneva82 Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:49 am

Hey found even better than mine. Howabout even more comprehensive that even draws lines between main temples? Also has other temples like the 20 bekkaku temples and more pilgrim related spots.

https://henronavi.jp/?fbclid=IwAR39OdY7kIq1aTruQDmF6jjk3VP3tato_vOSWlEUOv2Qfq3FYycv_Iamdto

Download one for each prefecture and import them to maps.me(guess other programs could be used as well) and off you go.
    LJS

Post by LJS Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Thanks. I'll try to sort your suggestions I'll have to have a friend show me how to download the maps. I appreciate your help. ~LJS
    Birddogvet

Post by Birddogvet Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:33 am

FYI: Please note that upon clicking the above link was directed by Google Chrome that the site is not secure. May attempt at another time 'incognito.'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 am