Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

great first night stay

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

great first night stay Empty great first night stay

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 am

Originally posted by several members between 2014 and 2016.
    -----

cpetersky

« Thread started on: Apr 13th, 2014, 10:21am »
    If you are coming in to Tokushima from some place else, and you'd like to get a few temples under your belt the first day of the pilgrimage, I would like to recommend: http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~tabiyado/

We chose this place initially mainly because you can email him to make your reservation. If you are coming from abroad, it's nice to know you have a place for sure your first night.

While this was our primary motivation for picking this place, it ended up working very well for us. It's not expensive, the food is great, and there's free wifi. We slept on Western-style beds -- I'm fine with futon, but my walking companion sleeps better on a mattress. Laundry is free.

The owner is interested in supporting walking and especially bicycling pilgrims. When I started the pilgrimage, my Japanese was very rusty, so I didn't talk to him much. If you have good Japanese skills, I bet he would be an even better advisor to you.

The minshiku owner can pick you up at Temple 3, or it's an easy walk up from that temple. He can drop you off the next morning at Temple 4 the next morning, too.

Highly recommended.

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2014, 10:34am by cpetersky »

=====

Thea

« Reply #1 on: Nov 7th, 2016, 12:59pm »
    Hello,
    Thank you for your recommendation. When I look at the given website, it is all in Japanese. That I cannot read of write.
    So please tell me, how you communicated with them?

=====

tneva82

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14th, 2016, 03:37am »
    on Nov 7th, 2016, 12:59pm, Thea wrote:
    Hello,
    Thank you for your recommendation. When I look at the given website, it is all in Japanese. That I cannot read of write.
    So please tell me, how you communicated with them?

Probably best bet is email I would think. Phone call without being able to speak Japanese might be difficult depending on their english level. At least I find READING foreign language easier than talking via phone so when in doubt with languages I err on side of written text.

Email address seems to be lamp-an@m5.dion.ne.jp so sending email to there would be good start. Just try to keep english reasonably simple in case they aren't that comfortable with it(basic textbook english. Try to avoid dialects etc).

If that doesn't work out I could try to help as translator in english-japanese though that's not going to be quick process then.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 pm