Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

I believe the hashimoto bus is gone

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

I believe the hashimoto bus is gone

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:12 am

Originally posted by several members in March and April 2016.
    -----

slc

« Thread started on: Mar 26th, 2016, 07:58am »
    I found the closed hashimoto resturaunt, with a sign (in japanese) advertising the bus, but there was no bus to be found. I was told by a man who drove past me as he left the closed reasturaunt that somebody had become sick (presumably the person taking care of the bus), and therefore I couldn't stay (or something like that in Japanese). If the bus was in the same location as that resturaunt, then I'm afraid that it is no longer there.

=====

ashre

« Reply #1 on: Apr 25th, 2016, 12:41am »
    Two people on route told me it had gone and the priest at the signing office just made an X with his hands and gave me a paid accomodation list when I mentioned it by name. I was early enough in the day to press on to the bangai temple and luckily there was still someone around to sign me in to the tsuyado there but it was a very long day. There was a fantastic fire ceremony at that bangai temple though in the morning if you are around, they have paid accomodation as well.

Current date/time is Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:31 pm