Pilgrimage On Shikoku Island

Online forum for discussions related to the 88 temple pilgrimage on Shikoku, Japan.

Ferry in Shimanto-gawa mouth

Shikoku Henro Trail
    Admin

Ferry in Shimanto-gawa mouth

Post by Shikoku Henro Trail on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:07 am

Originally posted by several members in October 2012.
    -----

Kitty

« Thread started on: Aug 1st, 2010, 01:31am »
    It restore from last year. If you make a call to Mr. Oki (Cell Phone: 090-8698-3809) before 30 minutes, you seem to ferry it. By Miyazaki's guide book.

=====

Shikoku Henro Trail

« Reply #1 on: Aug 1st, 2010, 5:43pm »
    Kitty,
    Thanks for the information, i'll add it to my copy of the guidebook. But, i'm confused. Isn't it a public ferry, and, therefore, on a regular fixed schedule? Or is it a private ferry owned by Mr. Oki?

Maybe you don't know these answers if you just read it in Miyazaki-san's guidebook, but i might as well ask.

Thanks. Have a good day.

Dave

=====

Utsusemi

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2011, 06:30am »
    Indeed, this would be very valuable info if the ferry is back on a regular schedule. David, will you post your findings to this thread?
    Thanks in advance.

=====

RyanFoster

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12th, 2012, 1:52pm »
    If I am remembering correctly, I too saw this note in the book, but was afraid to walk out to the end of the peninsula only to find there was no boat. I spoke with other henro later that day and the next day who took the ferry and said that Mr. Oki runs the ferry on request for the henro for 100 yen. The new bridge I took was safe and roughly the same distance, but the boat would have been much more fun.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:35 pm